The Wave ‘slide tester’ Prize Competition – Terms and Conditions
The free prize draw (“Promotion”) opens on 9 January 2019 and closes on 30 April 2019.
1. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and
2. All entrants must be UK residents over 16 years of age. If under the age of 16, entrants
must have guardian permission to enter and guardian accompaniment to attend.
3. Entry into the Promotion is through The Wave website. By completing your details, and
‘Signing up’ you will be entered into the draw.
4. Employees, ex-employees (and their families) of CV Life (Coventry Sports Foundation),
Coventry City Council and all agencies connected to this contest are not eligible to enter.
5. The closing date for this Promotion is 23:59 hrs (UK time) on 30 April 2019.
6. The Prize is:
Invitation to a set time/date session (duration of 2 hours) at The Wave waterpark in Coventry.
Dates of the session will be confirmed with the winner but must be taken in during the
waterpark ‘soft landing’ window of testing the venue.
Travel and accommodation to take part in the ‘soft landing’ event are not included. By
accepting the Terms and Conditions of the Prize, winners accept that they and their identities
can be used for marketing and communications activity to promote the facility, including but
not limited to photography, interview, providing a quote for use on the venue website and
social media channels.
7. One sign up completion equates to one entry into the Prize draw.
8. Unless otherwise stated, entries must arrive by the closing date. Entries received after this
time will be disqualified. CV Life, at its discretion, may extend the closing date without prior
9. Prize winners will be drawn at random from all entries received before the closing date.
The draw will take place the day after the closing date.
10. CV Life reserves the right to change the rules or void the Promotion at any time.
11. In the event of a printing or broadcast error (obvious or otherwise) which affects the
Promotion in any way, CV Life reserves the right to administer the Promotion as though the
error had not occurred having informed the entrants, through the original media, of the
12. Prize is as stated and unless specifically stated, there is no cash alternative. Prizes are not
transferable. If for any reason an advertised Prize is unavailable, then CV Life reserves the
right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar Prize of equivalent or greater value. Only
one Prize will be awarded per entrant.
13. If the winner of a Prize is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, then CV Life reserves
the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen
will not be eligible for any share of the Prize whatsoever.
14. If the winner(s) of the Prize cannot be traced after reasonable endeavours having been
made, CV Life may dispose of the Prize as it thinks fit without any liability to the winner(s)
for having done so.
15. All Prize winners are required to co-operate with CV Life to publicise their win as CV
Life reasonably deems appropriate.
16. Failure to comply with any of these rules will disqualify an entry from taking part in the
17. If CV Life has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or
fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation,
manipulating the Promotion, choice of Prize winner(s) or any entry) CV Life reserves the
right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to
be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
18. The decision of CV Life is final in all matters concerning a Promotion and no
correspondence will be entered into.
19. CV Life accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for
personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered
by any entrant in entering the Promotion, including as a result of any entrant winning or not
winning any Prize.
20. CV Life accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to computer or
network error in transit or any reason which is beyond its reasonable control. Entries made
online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be
21. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by CV Life (unless
entrants have provided consent for such personal information to be shared with third parties)
22. The personal details supplied by entrants will only be used for the purpose of
administering the Promotion and for any other purpose for which you have given your
consent at or before the time of entering (in particular, by entering the Promotion all entrants
agree to join the The Wave database and consent to receive news and offers from The Wave/
23. Any additional expenses related to accepting the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize
24. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of
or in connection with them [including without limitation their subject matter, validity,
application or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims)], shall be
governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
25. A copy of these Terms and Conditions may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed
envelope to: Slide Tester Competition, Coventry Sports Foundation, Xcel Leisure Centre,
Mitchell Avenue, Coventry, CV4 8DY
26. The promoter is CV Life.
27. The provider of the Prize is CV Life.